Tuesday 23 September 2014

Currently Watching...Six Feet Under

WHY WHY WHY did it take me so long to watch this.  I was staying at my Aunts, where as there is no TV in the room I sleep in I watch something on my iPad.  Unfortunately, this time the Internet hadn't connected and I couldn't be bothered to go downstairs so I had to watch whatever had already been downloaded.  This happened to be Six Feet Under. 



Now knowing how much love (although have yet to finish!) Dexter, I have no idea why this wasn't on my radar sooner.  So one episode in and I am completely and utterly addicted...



The series follows David Fisher (Michael C Hall) who after his Father dies is left to run the Family Funeral Home that he has worked at all his life.  His brother Nate (Peter Krause) returns home for the funeral to be told he has been left half of the business in his fathers will.  This means they have to run the business together while dealing with their meddling mother, Ruth (Frances Conroy) and wannabe badass sister, Claire (Lauren Ambrose) and trying to live their own lives.


I have watched a total of three episodes of this and its so well put together, it's unapologetic dark humour had me laughing hysterically and the acting is superb.  The characters fell very real, like they are people you might meet, they talk like normal people (and swear like normal people!)  Who'd have thought a series about a funeral home could be so entertaining, but the addition of their family dramas, personal dramas and conversations with the dead keeps you coming back for more.

I can not wait to watch the rest of this season and the four after that!!  Sleep is over-rated anyway!!

Why must you introduce me to another new TV Show when I'm already so far behind on so many others?! I'm still recovering from Dexter and this might be what the Michael C Hall shaped hole in my life needs!

6 comments:

  1. This is one of those shows that is on my never ending list of things to watch. Right behind The Wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely try is Brittani, it's amazing, i am so addicted!! Let me know if you start it what you think :-)

    - Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got through season 1, but i only started watching because i heard the end is one of the best in history of shows. i did end up finding the stories too repetitive after a while though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get a little repetitive but that didn't stop me, I was so addicted. The ending was brilliant, possibly best show ending I have seen yet. - Jenna

      Delete
  4. I'm currently making my way through this as well! I've only seen it once, when it aired live, so it's been about 10 years. I'm having a blast going back, and I'm excited to hear your updates on what you think about it. I'm in season 3 now, and I honestly think it's getting better and better. It took the cast a few episodes to fall into their dynamic, but once they did, the acting become universally perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the cast brilliant, I love Lauren Ambrose and now it's finished I may have to find something else she has been it. They fit together perfectly, it couldn't have been cast better. I have just finished the final season and the ending was brilliant, I can't fault this show one bit. Will probably do a final review soon so keep your eyes peeled - Jenna

      Delete