Tuesday 2 September 2014

Guilty Pleasures Blogathon: Results!


Wow, I can't believe it's already the end of August, where has the year gone? We've been taking part in so many Blogathons recently it felt like it was time to start our own and it's been great fun doing so. I'm so happy to see blogs that we already connect with take part as well as new blogs! If you haven't taken part and you'd still like to, just knock together a post and I'll update the list below, but for now - here are everyone's entries!  

I have finally got round to reading all the entries we have received so far and I am astonished at how many people have got involved.  I'm so pleased.  It's also great to see how many people have put their own twist on the subject.  Thanks to everyone who has got involved and as Allie said, if you still want to contribute then send us your link and we will include it.
http://afistfuloffilms.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/guilty-pleasure-movies-blogathon.html

Fisti at A Fistful of Films confessed his love for Wild Things, a film which all his commentors seemed to agree with and a film I now feel like I should watch!  I watched this when I was younger but i can't remember it at all, this is now back on the must watch list.

http://flightstightsandmovienights.com/2014/08/08/top-10-guilty-pleasure-superhero-movies/


Bubbawheat at Flights, Tights & Movie Nights put his own twist on the theme and gave us a Top 10 list of Guilty Pleasure Superhero Movies which I love!  Great idea to focus on superheroes and now I desperately want to see Return of Captain Invincible, I love Alan Arkin.

http://dellonmovies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/guilty-pleasure-movies-blogathon.html

Dell at Dell on Movies also put his own twist on the theme and gave us a list of 25 10 movies he loves, but describes as crap cinema. Don't worry Dell - I loved the list!  Amazing list, can't say I've heard of many of them but they are definitely on my radar now.

http://feelinfuzzier.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/top-5-guilty-pleasure-movies-blogathon.html

Rhys at Feeling Fuzzier - A Film Blog managed to tie down his Guilty Pleasures into a Top 5 list including a series I should have included in my own list, Pirates of the Caribbean! Awesome list, I have to agree with all of them.

http://theoscarsproject.blogspot.ca/2014/08/guilty-pleasure-blogathon.html

Heather at The Oscars Project gave us a list of her Top 5 Guilty Pleasures which included one of my all time favourite films, The Proposal. I don't know whether I'm happy or sad! This is also one of my favourite films, bloody hilarious and reminds me of the first time i saw Two Weeks Notice, amazing film!


James at Not Always Movie Reviews tells us all about the first really bad film this year that he's actually enjoyed, Sharknado! This has been on my 'to watch' list for a while now.  This is most definitely on my 'to watch' list.


Whirlwind Supernova at Big Screen Small Words has compiled a beautiful Top 5 list of her favourite Guilty Pleasures, including a recent addition to my all time favourites, White Chicks!  Have to agree on the originals of National Treasure and Speed, the sequels were both shocking!


Caz at Let's Go To The Movies has put together a list of her 7 Guiltiest Pleasure movies, which are all great inclusions. My personal favourites were the Power Rangers & Mars Attacks!


Amelia at Graphics are Overrated has put together a list of her 4 favourite Guilty Pleasures including one of the ultimates - Legally Blonde!


The wonderful Brittani at Rambling Film has chimed in with a Top 5 list of her favourite Guilty Pleasures. Most of these are now on my 'to watch' list but I love White Chicks!


Another new face for us, Jack at Horror Focus has put together a Top 5 list of his favourite Guilty Pleasure Horror movies. I think Jenna & I might need to hold hands if we see these, we're both wimps!

12 comments:

  1. Great result ladies! Certainly lots of variety going on here - and so many that completely slipped my mind! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so great being reminded of some fantastic (but awful!) films I had completely forgotten, and to be introduced to some I've never heard of. Thanks again for taking part :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for hosting ladies, this was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so grateful that we got so many entries! :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  3. Awesome turnout guys! So happy to have been a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome of you to take part dude! Planning our next one already :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  4. Thanks girls this was super fun and it was a brilliant idea! Great hosts an't wait for the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking part Jack! We're already planning our next one so watch this space :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  5. Glad you had such a great turnout for this. It was extremely fun putting together my entry. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased that so many took part, and glad you had as much fun as we did :) Thanks again for taking part!
      - Allie

      Delete
  6. Well done to you both for coming up with a fantastic Blogathon idea :-) loved coming up with my pick of films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure it won't be our last Blogathon, we're already full of ideas for the next one :)
      - Allie

      Delete