Sunday 7 September 2014

10,000 Pageviews! Get involved in our next movie night!

It's been a very exciting weekend for us here at Flick Chicks. We've just hit 10,000 page views! I can't believe it! Next week will be our 6 month Bloggiversary, which is a massive achievement in itself. Considering that we started this blog just for a bit of fun, I never expected it to be as successful as it has been.  I am amazed at how well this has gone and I really love having a community of bloggers from all over the globe, it's truly incredible!

Of course, we owe all of this to our readers. You guys are just the best, really. We wanted to do a little give-away to celebrate but once we took into account postage costs of prizes, it just wasn't feasible. But we still wanted to do something fun and get everyone involved, so here is what we're proposing.

On Friday, 12th September Jenna and I are meeting up for our next movie night, and we'd like you to decide what movie we watch on the night. It can be anything, from a classic to a guilty pleasure. Just use the form below to suggest a film and on Friday night, we'll pick one at random, watch it, most likely live tweet about it, and then post our review the following week.  I'm sure you'll come up with some interesting film choices, I'm intrigued to see what you will all come up with (and how mean you can be!!)

It would be great to get as many of you involved as possible so please feel free to suggest more than one film. If you have any problems using the form below just leave us a comment.




Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with :-)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 6 months. That was only about two months after I got started.

    I'd love to recommend a movie, I'll just have to think about what would be a good one. Given that it's fall a horror movie would be appropriate (I've been doing almost nothing but watching horror movies for the past few days, I think I'm a bit burned out on that front).

    On the other hand, I could recommend a movie that has personal significance. That would make sense, or I could find a really bad movie to make you watch. This is going to be a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, and thanks for all the movie suggestions! It's so nice to have the decision taken out of our hands, it normally takes us a whole week to decide what to watch :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. Congrats, ladies! I'll come back with some sort of recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited and a little scared to see what you recommend! ;)
      - Allie

      Delete
  3. Nice, congrats on the good work so far. Shot y'all a recommendation that's a bit of a polarizing one, but one that I'd be genuinely interested to see what you two would think of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris :) Great choice on the recommendation - I'll have to find out if Jenna's seen it yet!
      - Allie

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the hard work, i could think of hundreds which you could watch but only picked one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to submit more than 1 if you like! Great suggestion though, it's not a movie I've heard of before but it sounds really interesting :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  5. Thanks everyone for your input, I'm looking forward to finding out what we will be watching :-)

    - Jenna

    ReplyDelete