Friday 31 October 2014

Trivia Round-Up: October



Another month over already? Show of hands, who's started on their Christmas shopping? No, buying a fantastically ugly sweater for yourself doesn't count. I've done both ;-) Here's our usual monthly trivia round-up for the movies we reviewed this month.

The production crew used the fake title of 'Basic Math' as the film's working title because it was hard to secure filming locations for a project called 'Sex Tape.'
There is limited trivia for this, honestly, this was the most interesting!!

During the game of "Suck and Blow" the cast was unable to sustain the breath to make a real credit card pass from mouth to mouth; a prop card made of cardboard was substituted that still did not work. Holes were drilled into it to make it easier, and when this failed also, the whole cast's lips were heavily coated in chapstick to force the card to stick.

The main characters' initials spell ABRA (Alfred Borden Robert Angier), as in Abracadabra, a common word used by magicians.

A lot of the Dude's clothes in the movie were Jeff Bridges's own clothes, including his Jellies sandals.
Sorry, there was lots of great trivia for The Big Lebowski, but this just tickled me!

According to the date on News Today's final issue hanging in the news stand near the beginning of the movie, the film takes place around March 24, 2021.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt considered casting friend Channing Tatum as Don Jon before taking the role himself. 
I would have been happy either way!! ;-)

There is so much trivia for this film, it's impossible to choose, but this particular piece made me want to watch it again to check, which is what I love about trivia:
With every transition of Forrest's age, one thing remains the same- in the first scene of each transition he wears a blue plaid shirt.

Toy Story 3 (2010)
Bo Peep was omitted from the film because her surviving the incinerator was deemed highly unlikely as she was made of porcelain.
That just broke my heart a little bit...

Gone Girl (2014)
David Fincher explained that one of the reasons he cast 35 year old Rosamund Pike as Amy is that she was of ambiguous age in her appearance, and could pass for an older or younger woman.

22 Jump Street (2014)
During the Spring Break scene in Puerto Mexico, a club/restaurant is called "Gringo Pendejos" which roughly translates as "Dumbass Americans".

5 comments:

  1. Cool stuff, as always. My faves are from Clueless and Toy Story 3. The one from Clueless is hilarious. The one from TS3 is heartbreaking, but shows excellent attention to detail. I mean, I'm not sure how many people would've noticed and, if they did, would really have knocked the movie for that seeing how great the rest of it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dell :) I think it's why we both love trivia so much, you learn so many cool little things you would never have picked up on!
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. Love your monthly trivia posts ladies! That one about Bo Peep really does break my heart, she was a great character. Channing Tatum would've been good in the Don Jon role I reckon, but JGL did a good job too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Channing Tatum would have been brilliant, I wish I'd found out after watching the film itself because I couldn't stop thinking about it :)
      - Allie

      Delete
    2. For me JGL did such a good job, I can't imagine anyone else in the role now.

      Can we please have a moment of silence for Bo Peep.................................... Thank you.

      - Jenna

      Delete