Tuesday 2 December 2014

Looking Forward to Seeing at the Cinema this Month...December 2014

I can't believe this is our last Looking Forward post of the year! Where has this year actually gone to? Anyway, I didn't even have to check the film release schedule this month because I already know for sure what I'm looking forward to most.  I knew this would be yours, so I did check the film release schedule because I needed to find something else!!

It's just got to be The Hobbit! And Lee Pace. Definitely Lee Pace. Mmm...sorry. No no no Luke Evans...swoon!!You must know by now that my whole family go into Birmingham every Christmas to see something at the Giant Screen, and for the last two years its been The Hobbit, so we're all looking forward to seeing the final installment on the Sunday before Christmas. All 9 tickets are booked!

I actually finished reading the book just a few weeks ago, I think it was killing me, not knowing what was going to happen. I sort of guessed how it would end, but there were a few things I wasn't expecting. I actually hope the film takes things a bit further than the book did, which I honestly found fairly dull.

It's been a fantastic series so far though, and has even tempted me into watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which funnily enough, I haven't seen yet! Here's the trailer in case you've been living in a Hobbit-hole all year.



The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies will be released in UK cinemas on 12th December, 2014.
 
It is rare that mine and Allie's looking forward to film is the same film, but in this case it pretty much is.  I can't wait for the final instalment, however I can't end this post with 'me too' so I had a look through the releases and this caught my eye, I saw the trailer the other day and I have to admit it looks really good:
 
 
I am a huge fan of Bill Murray anyway and hopefully Melissa McCarthy can come back from her recent movie disasters with this.  Fingers crossed. 
 
To be fair, it looks like an easy watching, feel good type film, which I'm loving at the moment.  Here is the trailer if you haven't yet seen it...
 
 
 
St Vincent will be released in UK cinemas on 5th December 2014.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the last Hobbit movie as well! Splitting it into three movies is a cash grab move, but I didn't mind it as much, mainly because I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy and didn't mind having more of Middle Earth around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely! I read this morning somewhere that a lot of the LotR prologue is being included as well so I'm more than happy with the split now.
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. St. Vincent is great and will end up in my best of the year list. Still need to catch up on the second Hobbit movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before but now I'll be looking into it! If you're planning on seeing the third Hobbit film it would be a fab idea to watch the second one the night before :)
      - Allie

      Delete