Thursday 25 December 2014

12 Days of Christmas - Day 12 White Christmas (1954)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Ok so here's the thing, I know the heading says White Christmas BUT I didn't get a chance to watch the last movie on the list.  I am now writing this from my dining room table on Christmas Day with a glass of bucks fizz very near by surrounded by the carnage from opening my presents.

I felt like I couldn't leave this space blank so I will just ramble on instead.  For Christmas Eve this year me and my Dad decided to go to the cinema and see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies in 3D IMAX - what an amazing Christmas Eve it was!!! I loved the film, more than all the others in the series (including the Lord of the Rings trilogy).  I was always going to prefer the Hobbit to LOTR mainly because it's a simpler story with less threads running through it (I still have no idea how Aragon became King in the end!) at least with the Hobbit I understood what was going on.  Few niggles, we will never know what happened to Tauriel between this and the LOTR series because she was made up by Peter Jackson so she has no follow up story, that feels kind of sad.  I feel like I want another set of movies to cover what happened between The Hobbit and LOTR but I don't think that is going to happen.

Anyway, I'll go into more of that when we review this together soon :-)

Further ramblings howeever, regard the trailers that were on when seeing The Hobbit.  It was quite the collection of trailers and got me really excited about the new year and all the films that are coming out...it's going to be an awesome year for movies and Flick Chicks Blog.  The Star Wars trailer was first up, i'm not the biggest fan on Star Wars but I have to admit the teaser trailer has got me somewhat intrigued.  Then Fast and Furious 7, I fought the urge to cry throughout the whole thing so I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the movie.  Finally we had Avenger: Age of Ultron and Jupiter Ascending, i had seen the trailer for the first and obviously can't wait to see it, hopefully it lives up to the first one but I'm not getting my hopes up as sequels are generally a bit of a let down.  Jupiter Ascending, i had heard alot about this film and seen a lot of still shots in Total Film but didn't realise I hadn't seen the trailer.  This looks amazing, I am really quite excited to see it after it was supposed to come out this year but has been delayed.

So thats my rambling done, I'm sorry this isn't a review for White Christmas as you may have expected but there is only so much we can do over the Christmas period.

Have a great day everyone :-)

Jenna

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas...even though I'm a day late. Btw, American in need of enlightenment, here. Bucks fizz???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sorry should have thought. Bucks Fizz is the Brit version of a Mimosa :)

    - Jenna

    ReplyDelete