Friday 5 February 2016

10 Times I Fell in Love with Adam Driver

So, December of 2015 was entirely consumed by Adam Driver. My quest for knowledge in the run up to the release of The Force Awakens got me fascinated by Kylo Ren, and, wanting to know more about the man behind the mask, I found myself binge watching HBO's Girls. After becoming a fully fledged Star Wars fan, I'm now desperately in love with Adam Driver! Now, in list form, here are all the times I fell in love with him...

1. When he was completely relatable.


adam-driver-nachos

2. When he and BB-8 held a staring contest on the red carpet.


adam-driver-bb8-star-wars-staring-contest

3. When he shared this hug with Oscar Isaac. Bromance!

adam-driver-oscar-isaac-hug-bromance

4. The Role Play episode of Girls. I have never laughed so hard and felt so turned on at the same time. #Sorrynotsorry for that overshare!

adam-driver-lena-dunham-girls-role-play

5. When he sang a song about outer space with Oscar Isaac and Justin Timberlake.


6. When Adam saw a dog being mistreated in Girls, stole it, didn't know how to look after it, got bitten, and then roped Ray into coming with him to give it back.

adam-driver-girls-stolen-dog

7. When Kylo Ren took his helmet off. I was a gonner at that point.

kylo-ren-takes-helmet-off

8. That. Smile. Ugh.

adam-driver-smile-star-wars

9. When he did a parody of one of my favourite Disney songs and somehow made it even better.


10. Matt the Radar Technician. Need I say anymore?

matt-radar-technician-adam-driver

21 comments:

  1. Ahah, this is so much fun ladies! I think Adam's rather um, odd look actually adds to his appeal so I get it. I thought he looked pretty good when he took his helmet off, I was like, Kylo could do a shampoo commercial! :D

    I might steal your idea when I do a post on Sam Riley!! [I'm in love] :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There was a time no one could understand the attraction to Benedict Cumberbatch, and look at him now!
      You should DEFINITELY do a post like this for Sam Riley! What's your favourite performance of his? I need to check this guy out!
      - Allie

      Delete
    2. I actually still don't get the massive fandom around Benedict. I mean he's great in Sherlock but I don't find him sexually attractive or anything. So far I've only seen him in 3 films but he's terrific in ON THE ROAD and it's quite a sexy movie (what w/ an *almost* threesome and everything). I think his sex scene w/ Kristen Stewart is hotter than the one she did in Twilight w/ her then boyfriend R-Patz.

      Delete
    3. Right, On The Road is going straight on my watch list then!!
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. LOL, love this! I only know Driver from a few films and I can't say that I am taken with him or anything, but I love your devotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't like to half-ass anything!
      - Allie

      Delete
  3. Loved him in Girls - his character got better. Starting to warm up to Driver more, especially after the hilarious SNL undercover boss sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that SNL sketch so much! Have you seen the behind the scenes clips? I swear they're even funnier.
      - Allie

      Delete
  4. Nice list! I haven't seen him in Girls yet, so Kylo was my first time seeing Adam on-screen. It's difficult to not like him more and more in other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His character in Girls is weirdly similar to Kylo, they're both prone to temper tantrums! I'd highly recommend Girls, but from what I gather it's a very 'love it or hate it' show :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  5. I am so with you! He's gorgeous inside and out, besides being, according to film critics and directors, one of, if not THE, most brilliant actor of his generation. If you want to see him as himself (a real treat), go to YouTube and watch the 33 min. video about him giving backs to his fellow veterans. It's lowkey and honest and you will fall in love too. Great actor, good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I watched it the other week. I might cry if I saw it again. I'm really hoping he gets some bigger roles on the back of Star Wars, because he's such a brilliant actor :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  6. When he took that helmet off in Star Wars. Goodness me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally cannot wait to watch that moment when I can finally get my hands on the Blu-Ray ;D
      - Allie

      Delete