Saturday 5 December 2015

7 reasons why I love The First Wives Club (1996)

How am I only now re-watching The First wives Club, I watched it when it first came out but I think I was little bit too young to quite grasp the awesomeness of this girl power ensemble.  Rather than a bog standard review (which could potentially go on forever) I thought I’d try something different:

7 Reasons why I LOVE The First Wives Club

1.  I have adored Goldie Hawn since the first time I saw Overboard waaaaaay back when and Diane Keaton has always reminded me of my Mom (who passed when I was 13) and I remember my Mom loving this film – so it’s a whole barrage of love for Momma P!

2.  That finale! I sang, I danced, I may have even clapped….


3.  That the least likely couple got back together, you thought you would be mad but you loved it <3

4.  Jennifer Lawrence (who we all love), quoted this movie in her Golden Globe speech in 2013! ‘I beat Meryl’

5.  They all had so much fun filming this movie and you can tell, the laughter between the main characters feels completely real.


6.  The soundtrack – all the songs you put on that mix CD after your first big heart break!


7.  Bette Midler, Diane Keaton and Goldie Hawn on the same screen at the same time as well as Maggie Smith, Stockard Channing and Eileen Heckart – it’s all just too much girl power!


1 comment:

  1. Great list! My aunt showed me The First Wives Club when I was a teen, and it's been my favorite ever since. I quote it all the time, and that finale song - so awesome!

    ReplyDelete