Tuesday 1 July 2014

Looking Forward to Seeing at the Cinema this Month...July 2014

I was just looking through the UK film releases for July and I'm quite shocked. There isn't actually a lot coming out as far as I can see! A few rom coms, sure, and two big blockbuster films. I can guess what Jenna will want to pick and I won't pinch it from her, so my choice this month is Transformers: Age of Extinction.


I saw the first Transformers film when I was at College and loved it, I think a younger family member of mine had some of the toys too and it was equal parts fun and frustrating to try and get the toys to transform from vehicle to robot! I didn't enjoy the second one quite as much, and shockingly, I haven't even seen Dark Side of the Moon. I will though! Just in time to see this actually.

Just like Pacific Rim, Transformers never had the greatest story line, but you just can't beat watching giant robots smash each other up in IMAX. It's just enjoyable. No thinking required, just hand in popcorn, watching the action. I'm sure it'll be the College gang I see this with, actually.

I haven't really seen Mark Wahlberg much as an actor, so I don't have much of an opinion on the casting yet, but I'll be going in with an open mind. I also need to watch Pain & Gain soon so that'll help!


 
Transformers: Age of Extinction is released in UK cinemas on 5th July, 2014.
 
 
Mine has to be Guardians of the Galaxy (if only for a bulked up Chris Pratt!).  If I'm honest, I know nothing about this film, I haven't read the Comic Books or looked it up, I'm happy to be surprised for once.  However, as I am the Marvel girl (and Allie is he DC) I really do hope this is good and lives up to the comedy genius in The Avengers, I mean what can beat this:
 
 
I don't suppose it will be better than The Avengers in my book, but if it can live up to it, I would be very impressed.
 
Here is the trailer (just in case you have been living under a rock!):
 
 
Guardians of the Galaxy is released in UK cinemas on 31st July, 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment