Thursday 9 October 2014

Thursday Movie Picks #13: Zombie Movies

I've been loving the weekly themes that Wandering Through the Shelves has been hosting. My movie knowledge isn't expansive enough (yet!) for me to take part every week, but I had great fun compiling a post for the Movies Set Locally theme and now I'm here again with my 3 favourite Zombie Movies.


Granted, this isn't a very inspired list as I'm not the biggest horror fan around, but I absolutely love these films so they definitely deserve their place in this post.

zombie-movies-zombieland

I may as well start with the most obvious. Zombieland is one of my favourite comedies, let alone horror movie. Funnily enough, Jenna first introduced me to it about 18 months ago and I must have seen it at least 5 times since. The first ten minutes still make me jump! Now excuse me, I need to do some cardio, you know, just in case...

zombie-movies-shaun-of-the-dead

You can't talk about zombie movies without at least mentioning Shaun of the Dead. The scene where the group try and fit in is just fantastic. I was walking to the train station to get home when I was last in Birmingham and accidently joined a local charity's 'zombie walk' and felt the urge to do a Shaun. I was getting some very odd looks walking amongst a crowd of (horrifyingly convincing) zombies!

zombie-movies-warm-bodies

Warm Bodies might just be the best Valentine's Day movie I've ever been taken to. What a brilliant twist on the typical romantic movie that couples go to see! This was even better than I thought it would be, and surprisingly funny to boot, and let's face it, Nicholas Hoult is just a sweetie, zombie or not.

Don't forget to check out the list of upcoming themes that Wandering Through the Shelves is hosting here, it would be great to see more bloggers take part!

12 comments:

  1. Great list! I love these three as well. Two of them landed on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love all three of these. They're probably the three best zombie comedies ever made, at least of what I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this list has made me realise that a comedy is the only way I'll cope with zombies, haha!
      - Allie

      Delete
  3. Nice list, I'm actually a fan of all of these. Love that when tackling the zombie genre, you exclusively stuck with more light hearted, comedic fare, ha! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaahh, I thought you might notice that pattern. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to horror!
      - Allie

      Delete
  4. Hey, glad to have you join this week. You went for all comedy...zombie comedies are always a lot of fun.
    Wandering through the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for hosting each week :) I would have loved to have mixed it up a little more, but I'm a huge wuss when it comes to horror films!
      - Allie

      Delete
  5. I like movies that are based on incidents from real life. We get to admire the characters on how they are able to solve and endure their real life challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think the perfect movie is the right combination of real life with a touch of fantasy :)
      - Allie

      Delete