Wednesday 1 October 2014

Looking Forward to Seeing at the Cinema this Month...October 2014

Wow, where has September actually gone? One second it was my Birthday and we were having a barbecue, and the next I'm writing up my Christmas shopping list. Someone tell me when it's acceptable to start watching Christmas films?

I thought September was a fairly quiet month actually after the all the summer blockbusters, but it's been a great time to catch up on some other films I've been meaning to see. Here's what I'm really looking forward to this month though:


I've heard the name Gone Girl floating around Twitter for quite a while now, but funnily enough I saw the trailer for the first time about two weeks ago. It hooked me instantly, it's just my kind of film. I was so excited I rambled on to my Mum about it who shockingly told me it's based on a book, which she's read. My Mum will read a book once every 2 years so this is why I was so surprised! She almost blurted out how it ends too before I could shut her up.

Just a couple of honourable mentions if I may for Nightcrawler and Horns, because they look great too. Finally, if like me you're entirely oblivious to highly anticipated films due out soon, here's the trailer for Gone Girl:



Gone Girl is released in UK cinemas on 2nd October, 2014

So here's the thing, I was desperate to see this film and I get back off holiday and Allie informs me that its been on and finished...heart broken!  Then a few weeks ago we rocked up at the cinema and the place was swarming with TMNT posters, with the date 17th October in GIANT LETTERS!!!!  I hadn't missed it at all!
 
 
I used to LOVE this cartoon when I was a kid so the prospect of a film (back in 2007) was so exciting and then it turned out to be less exciting and more...well...crap!  So, here I am all excited again for another Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie but this time live action...what could possibly go wrong?!
 
I am also quite excited because Paramount Studios gave me a huge version of the poster above as part of my tour around the studios (there's one wall I don't need to wallpaper now!!) :-)

I also have an honourable mention this month, they hadn't yet released the date for Dracula Untold when I wrote this and now I know it's in October it's pretty much a front runner with this!!
 


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is released in UK cinemas on 17th October, 2014

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I read Gone Girl as well, and have been looking forward to this movie for some time now. Finally get to see it tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know what you think of it! I'm hopefully going to see it on Sunday :)
      - Allie

      Delete
    2. I'll just say this, you're in for a good one. ;)

      Delete