Tuesday 1 November 2016

Looking Forward to Seeing at the Cinema: November 2016

As always, I'm writing this post a little earlier than 1st November, so it's absolutely terrifying for me to be thinking about movies coming out in November when I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet! For the record, by the time you're reading this, I'll have already had the annual 'Christmas Planning Meeting' with the Husband, probably over breakfast at one of our favourite American Diners. Spoiler alert for any friends and family reading this: you're all getting movies!

Enough of that though. This post is a little different this month, because there are a ridiculous amount of movies coming out that I want to see. It saddens me knowing that I won't make it to the cinema for them all, but hey, at least I'll look forward to seeing them on DVD next year. No, this month, there is a movie out every single week that I want to see!

nocturnal-animals-movie-uk-release-date

I don't know much about Nocturnal Animals, I've tried to shy away as much as possible, because honestly, with Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal as leads in a Thriller/Drama, that's all I need to get me excited. It looks dark, gritty, and I think there are going to be a few twists and turns as the story unfolds.

Nocturnal Animals will be released in UK cinemas on 4th November 2016.

arrival-movie-uk-release-date

Amy Adams is killing it this year! Just 1 week later she's starring in a Drama/Mystery/Sci-Fi alongside Jeremy Renner called Arrival. Again, I've tried not to dig to much into the plot of this one, but it's the Director that's really selling it to me. Dennis Villeneuve has directed some of my favourite movies, Sicario, Enemy, Prisoners and Incendies to name a few. This guy is hella talented, and I can't wait to see Arrival.

Arrival will be released in UK cinemas on 10th November 2016.

fantastic-beasts-movie-uk-release-date

If you know me at all, you'll know how much I love Harry Potter. I started reading the books when I was just a kid, I attended midnight openings for the last 3 in the series, and if I really don't know what to watch, I'll stick on a Harry Potter movie. It's obvious that I'm looking forward to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Is the news about it being a 5 movie series true? I actually hope not, I'd rather have movies that explore other areas of the wizarding world, but I'll see them nonetheless.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them will be released in UK cinemas on 18th November 2016.

paterson-movie-uk-release-date

Shameless choice alert! It's been nearly a whole year since my Adam Driver obsession started (blame Benedict Cumberbatch for going quiet for so long) and so I'm desperate to see him in something new. He's been the only shining star in too many terrible movies, so I'm not sure where to set my expectations for Paterson. I also don't know how to convince the husband to see this with me. Perhaps Jenna will be free...she saw Midnight Special with me...

Paterson will be released in UK cinemas on 25th November 2016.

10 comments:

  1. I'm bummed that I'll be on vacation when the press screening for Arrival is here, but I'll be sure to see that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no! But I mean, a vacation sounds pretty good too :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. November looks really good. I'm also excited for Hacksaw Ridge and (to my surprise) Doctor Strange. Oh and Loving! And all three open Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't see Hacksaw Ridge or Loving in the schedule, maybe I overlooked them! We got Doctor Strange last week in the UK, one of the only times we get something early!
      Sounds like you've got some tough decisions to make this weekend :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  3. I want to see all of these! I love Adam Driver too, I'll definitely be seeing him in Patterson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaas! It's absolutely your fault that I watched so many terrible movies he's been in too, although in all fairness you warned me they were bad, haha!
      - Allie

      Delete
  4. Nice picks! J.K. Rowling said Fantastic Beasts was going to be five films, but not sure if it was confirmed by the studios. I love Harry Potter, but not sure how to feel about Fantastic Beasts. It looks like a lot of fun but it feels a little like the series is getting dragged out. We'll see! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know how you're feeling. The part of me that grew up with Harry Potter never wants the hype to end, but I also don't want to see it spoiled with terrible spin-offs. Time will tell!
      - Allie

      Delete
  5. I'm with on this. But I have seen Nocturnal Animals already - you won't be disappointed. Arrival is next on my list to see. Patterson was one I thought I could wait on but I do love Jim Jarmusch (did I spell that right)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoo boy. I watched Nocturnal Animals last night. You could have warned me about that jump scare!! What a fantastic movie though!
      - Allie

      Delete