Thursday 17 April 2014

Looking Forward to in the Cinema this Month, April 2014

We like to mix things up a little around here, so we thought we would share with you what film we're most looking forward to watching in the cinema this month. Oddly, it's a fairly quiet month and after exchanging a few messages, we both fought over Spider-Man. Well, great minds think alike eh? And so, age before beauty and all that...I'll let Jenna kick us off!
 
Sorry for the delay on this one - only I could start the 'looking forward to in April' post on 17th April!! I'm a busy chick what can I say!  I did in fact steal The Amazing Spiderman 2 from Allie as I'm not totally convinced by Transcendence, I have seen the trailer more than once now and it just doesn't appeal to me!  Although I also thought I wouldn't enjoy Captain America:  The Winter Soldier and I loved it (review to follow!) so maybe my first impressions aren't as well founded as I thought.


Anyway, I bloody loved the first Amazing Spiderman film.  I thought I liked Tobey Maguire as Spiderman until I saw Andrew Garfield, he is perfect for this role (as is Emma Stone).  The various actors/actresses have perfect chemistry, particularly Garfield and Stone's Gwen Stacey who is a significant improvement on Kirsten Dunst's disappointing MJ in the first trilogy.

The trailer for this is jaw dropping, you can see why people enjoy these films in 3D (although I'm not personally a fan of 3D).  I can't wait to see the action, but moreso I want to see the development of the relationship between Peter and Gwen (I'm a sucker for a love story!!)

Check it out:


Take it away Allie.

Okay so what did I pick? This.


If I can learn to spell Transcendence by myself by the time I watch this, I will be mega proud of myself! I'm still on the fence about this film, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing it. I'm just not sure I can imagine Johnny Depp in a serious role right now though. After watching Pirates of the Caribbean too many times, I just can't shake the image below out of my head!



The Jack Sparrow Run is actually a thing in my family now...if someone shouts it out loud the rest of us break into a run just like that. Gains us a lot of funny looks mind! - I love this!

But anyway, this is totally my kind of film, but I think it'll either be a completely jaw dropping, amazing film, or a complete let down. There's just no middle ground with that genre. If you haven't seen it already, here's the trailer.



What about you, readers? Is there a film you're really looking forward to that we've totally missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment