Tuesday 20 December 2016

Flick Chicks Hiatus: An Update!

Hi guys! So, as much as I promised I was still lurking, I realised I've gone quiet on you all over the last week. I have a good reason, I promise. Now that I've finished Christmas shopping and wrapping presents (don't ask about deliveries) I've used some spare time to set up my solo blog. I'm using Wordpress for this one which is entirely new to me, so I've spent many a late night Googling format issues and all sorts.

This new blog will be exactly what I originally intended it to be, an outlet for me to blog about much more than movies. For now there will probably be quite a few movie related posts to satisfy my blogging itch whilst Jenna's still on a break, but I really want to make it clear that I'm not leaving Flick Chicks behind. I am so excited for Jenna to come back, so that we can write the dual-posts that you guys so often tell us you love to read. The upcoming Oscars season is going to be so much fun!

For now though, if you don't mind adding my new blog to your feeds, I would be very grateful. I won't be posting very frequently over Christmas, but I'm planning some New Years Resolution type posts for the start of January, and then it'll pick up a bit in pace from there.

The blog is called Often Off Topic, named because of my tendency to, well, go completely off topic when I'm meant to be focusing on something. Here's the link, and you can also click on the banner which is hyperlinked too.


I'm still trying to sort out the format, and set up Social Media sites for it, so don't panic if you're suddenly being stalked by an Allie Adkins or Often Off Topic, it's just me! Also, if anyone who uses Wordpress can help me out with something, I'd be so grateful.

I've used the Wordpress reader to follow all of the blogs I follow already here on Blogger, but some just won't show any posts available. Do you use the Wordpress reader or do you use an external site?

10 comments:

  1. Added your (new) site to my blog list!

    http://www.filmcrazy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! I'll double check that I'm following you back :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read all of your new posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to check out your new content! BTW, I use the Reader quite a bit but also the links list on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you two come to our Wiggle Around Australia tour.
    Tickets go on sale by January the 16th

    ReplyDelete
  5. admin cok guzel site ellerine saglik basarilarin devamini bekleriz senden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's that mean in english

      Delete