Saturday 1 October 2016

Looking Forward to Seeing in the Cinema: October 2016

Welcome to October, the start of Halloweenie Month here at Flick Chicks (more on that here) and the time of year where it's perfectly acceptable to either live in a cardigan or pajamas, with smells of spiced apple and cinnamon in the house. Ahh, Autumn. As a break from watching scary movies, I'm looking forward to squeezing in a couple of cinema trips. There is of course the latest offering from Marvel, featuring my beloved Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, but there's something I'm looking forward to even more than that. Sorry, Benny.

the-girl-on-the-train-emily-blunt

I don't do nearly enough reading, but when I heard about the upcoming release of The Girl on the Train, hailed as 'the next Gone Girl' I knew I needed to read the book. I'd just finished consuming Ready Player One in 5 days and I had the reading bug, so I sacrificed a couple of hours sleep each day and read The Girl on the Train. It's good, guys. I never read Gone Girl, so I can't really make a comparison until I have, but it's good.

If you've not heard of it yet, The Girl on the Train stars Emily Blunt as Rachel, an alcoholic still suffering after her marriage broke down. On the train to work every day she fantasizes about a house a few doors down from her old house which the train passes, and creates names and stories for the couple she sees there. One morning she sees something which shocks her, and the next day the woman from that house goes missing.

Overall, I'm really happy with the casting choices, they matched what I had thought up in my mind really well. What's kind of bugging me is that the movie will be set in New York rather than London. It shouldn't be a big deal but it is to me, it was set in a beautiful little town just on the outskirts of London and the New York setting might just change the tone completely. We'll see.

This is normally the part where I share the trailer but for the love of all that's holy, don't watch it if you haven't done so already. Maybe it's because I know what happens but it has so much to say! Go in blind, please. It'll be worth it.


The Girl on the Train will be released in UK cinemas on 5th October 2016.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to watch The Girl on the Train, I hope that it'll be really good!

    ReplyDelete