Monday 1 August 2016

Looking Forward to Seeing in the Cinema: August 2016

Good afternoon from sunny England, where we’re all complaining about the heatwave that arrived shortly after we were all complaining about our lack of Summer. Me? I’m just riding out the hay fever and patiently waiting for Autumn. After a flurry of blockbuster releases in July, this August is shaping up to be a fairly quiet month for new releases. Thank goodness for that, because I’m so behind!

August brings the long awaited release of Suicide Squad, which I know should be my choice for this month, it’ll be great I’m sure, but I’m so tired of superhero movies right now. I’ll go to see it with the gang, probably on the opening weekend, and I’ll come out loving it and telling myself off, but honestly, there’s a movie coming out at the end of this month that I’m dead excited about. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping! I can’t believe how long we’ve had to wait for this. In fact, as I start this post a little early whilst I’m typing this the UK STILL hasn’t had the release of Finding Dory! Ugh!

popstar-never-stop-never-stopping-uk-release-date

Anyway, as you all probably already know, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping features the boys from Lonely Island, one of my favourite bands. I’ve also had a little bit of an Andy Samberg crush since getting hooked on Brooklyn Nine Nine this year, so my choice was a no-brainer. It also comes out on my Birthday weekend, which is perfect, other than the near 3 month wait, of course.

I’ve tried as hard as I can to not look up the songs so that they’ll be a surprise, but that’s getting harder every day. One things for sure, this is going to be a soundtrack I’ll want to pick up straight away. I’ve heard there’s some great cameos too. I’m so excited!


Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping will be released in UK cinemas on 26th August, 2016.

3 comments:

  1. Noice! This looks like a lot of fun! What I know of this movie, is from this post, and from a bit of Andy Samberg's interview with Jimmy Fallon. So yeah, not a lot. And Apatow has been a hit and miss for me. But I am excited and I wanna be surprised! Besides, Andy Samberg is love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy it!! I give you all the virtual love in the world for the perfect use of 'Noice' too haha! :)
      - Allie

      Delete