Friday 1 July 2016

Looking Forward to Seeing in the Cinema: July 2016

Summer is the wrong time to be so far behind on cinema releases! At the rate I'm going, I'll be watching Independence Day at Christmas, which is all kinds of wrong. I didn't even know what was going to be released this month, I had to look it up, which started off great as I didn't spot anything overly exciting, until the end of the month. Here in the UK we're getting Star Trek Beyond, Jason Bourne and Finding Dory all within one week! I can't wait for all three of them, although Star Trek is going to be tinged with sadness after the crushing news about Anton Yelchin. Noooooooo....



I'd be lying though if I said there was anything I'm more excited about than Finding Dory. It's been 13 years since the original, and even though it's a sequel we didn't need, I'm so happy it's happening! I'm pretty sure everyone in our generation knows two addresses off the top of their head, their own, and P. Sherman's. 

finding-dory-uk-release-july-2016

I was lucky enough to be at Disneyland for their 'Speak Like a Whale Day'. I bought a 'Fluent in Whale' t-shirt and picked up a free pin at the park, but didn't realise that nearly every cast member (including security) would ask me to actually speak like a whale! I got quite good at it, if I may say so myself.

But anyway! I can't wait for the return of my favourite characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new ones, too. I spotted an otter within all the merchandise which got me excited, they're my favourite animal! The only thing is, we've got to wait another 4 weeks for it here, which means there's no way I'm going to be able to avoid spoilers that long.


Finding Dory will be released in UK cinemas on 29th July 2016.


How am I even supposed to follow Finding Dory?!  Oh wait it's July there is a list as long as my arm that I want to see...but it has to be Ab Fab (Absolutely Fabulous to anyone who doesn't remember the original series). 



I spent years watching Ab Fab with my Mom, she loved doing impressions of Eddie and Patsy with a bottle of plonk she found in the garage.  If I was having a teenage tantrum (more often than not) my mom would come really close to me and quote 'Sweetie Darling are you ok? darling, sweetie' on and on until I cracked and laughed!  If I ever catch a re-run episode on the TV, I get all nostalgic and goosebumpy (not a word I don't think!).



Absolutely Fabulous will be released in UK cinemas on 1st July 2016.


There were too many films that I really want to see this month so I have to give them a mention, Now you see me 2 (cue the groans from the people who hated the first one), Tarzan (solely for Alexander Skarsgard's torso), Ghostbusters (yes I know it won't be as good as the original but I'm trying to imagine it as its own film rather than a remake), Star Trek (try not to cry, cry a lot) and The BFG.

1 comment:

  1. Finding Dory is so wonderful! This month, I'm looking forward to Swiss Army Man (which I'm seeing on Saturday) and Star Trek Beyond (which I will try not to cry over Yelchin)

    ReplyDelete