Sunday 1 March 2015

Looking Forward to Seeing at the Cinema - March 2015

February was fairly slow for new releases, and originally I thought March was looking the same way. Then I remembered two films that I'd been waiting for for so long, I'd forgotten about them all together! As much as I don't like to pick favourites, I've really missed Ryan Reynolds!


So, from what I can gather so far, Jerry (Ryan Reynolds) is your average, happy guy working the grind at a local factory. Jerry is trying to hook up with Fiona (Gemma Arterton) at work, but his pet cat and dog have something to say about it. Literally. Mr Whiskers and Bosco talk to Jerry, and they don't always have nice things to say...

This is the exact kind of role that I love Ryan Reynolds in. I just know already that it'll be filled with all sorts of witty, dry humour, and I really can't wait. Anna Kendrick is in it too, although I don't know anything about her character at the moment. Is she the therapist? That would make sense! Here's the trailer if you fancy watching it:


The Voices is released in UK cinemas on 20th March, 2015.

As a lover of District 9 (Elysium not so much) ever since i heard about Chappie I have been waiting for it to be released.  It was promoted pretty hard then it disappeared for months and finally it's back!

It looks a lot more similar to District 9 than Elysium (which makes me happy) and it focuses on Chappie a Police robot that has been reprogrammed by Dev Patel to have feelings and think for himself.  I get the feeling I may cry as I got a bit teary during the trailer, Chappie just seems like such a sweet character (played by a Neil Blomkamp favourite Sharlo Copley) I don't want him to get hurt.

If you haven't seen it, here is the trailer:


The Voices is released in UK cinemas on 6th March, 2015.

6 comments:

  1. I just don't know about Chappie. I love Dev Patel, and Blomkamp, but it looks kind of cheesy. And I'll probably get ugly cry face for people being mean to Chappie because I'm a wuss like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ugly cry faces are a guarantee I think. I agree it could go either way, it's not a new concept by any means, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. The Voices is very funny and Chappie could be a surprise hit but could get slammed i am not sure what way it will go, i can't see it being average though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Chappie! Fingers crossed. Have you seen The Voices already then? Is my favourite Ryan Reynolds back on form?
      - Allie

      Delete
    2. i personally don't think he has had a bad performance himself, but as he does the voices of the animals too i think he is great in it

      Delete
    3. No me either really, it's just his last few films haven't gone down well over here, I've been really looking forward to seeing him again!
      - Allie

      Delete